Terms and Conditions
Cancellations, Substitutions & General Terms
- Cancellations or transfers received more than 10 days before the start of a course are fully refundable or transferable. This policy applies to our public/classroom courses, live webinars, conferences, and conventions. Within 10 days of the course, registration changes are subject to a 25% penalty (additional fees may apply for licensing-study courses). Please refer to additional cancellation information below for specific programs/events.
- No shows will result in forfeiture of the entire registration fee.
- Substitutions for courses are honored at any time.
- Dates, locations and registration fees are subject to change. Participants are promptly notified of changes.
- Registration fees are deductible as ordinary business expenses but may not be deducted as charitable contributions.
- Room blocks are set up with our host facilities for multiple-day events. For specific information regarding the room rates and registration deadlines, search and select an upcoming course for details and event information.
- Licensing self-study packages are non-refundable.
- Licensing study course (classroom and live webinar) registrants are eligible for our pass guarantee, if registered at least four weeks prior to the course. If you register in this time frame and do not pass the exam, we will waive the course registration fee for a future IA&B licensing study course, valid for one year. Updated course material fees may apply.
- The Pennsylvania state licensing examination is reviewed and updated annually by the Pennsylvania Insurance Department. Course materials are updated each year to reflect these changes. Course transfers or upgrades from self-study to classroom study may incur updated course material fees, due to changes in the state examination.
- On-Demand programs are accessible for 30 calendar days from the date of registration. On-Demand programs are non-transferable and non-refundable.
New Level Partners - Online Introductory Courses
- These programs are purchased through our preferred vendor, New Level Partners. Reference their cancellation policy at time of purchase.
- Registrations for the Big “I” Legislative Conference are non-refundable. Substitutions are honored at any time.
- When a course or event reaches maximum capacity, a wait list is available for participants who want to attend. Payment is required to be placed on a wait list. You will be notified via email if a space becomes available, and you will move automatically from the wait list into the course. Open seats are filled by individuals in the order that they were placed on the wait list.
CE Requirements and E&O Loss Control Credit
- Full attendance is required to earn state continuing education credit and Loss Control Credit. Continuing education credit approval is subject to re-evaluation by the state insurance departments and can change at any time.
- Refer to the E&O Loss Control Credit Approvals for Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Delaware for specifically approved courses.
- When registering for a program to meet your annual update for your CIC, CISR, or CPIA designation, verify that the course is approved as an update option. Full attendance is required.
- In the event of inclement weather, contact the IA&B weather hotline at 800-998-9644, ext. 500 for updates on the status of our courses. Should classes be postponed due to inclement weather, notification will be made by email to the email address provided at registration.
- In accordance with Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act, we invite all registrants to advise us of any disability and any request for accommodation of that disability. Your request should be submitted in writing to us as far in advance as possible. Mail us at 5050 Ritter Road, Mechanicsburg, PA 17055 or email IAB@IABforME.com.
IA&B holds the highest standards in event programming. It is our policy to maintain those standards through a policy on event conduct. Attendees shall:
- Turn off all electronic devices or set them to “vibrate” mode;
- Not read newspapers or other unrelated materials during class;
- Not carry on conversations with fellow participants during any presentation; and
- Not otherwise conduct themselves in a disruptive manner.
Any person found to be violating this policy may be dismissed from the event and barred from future events. No refunds.
No Solicitation Policy
IA&B has a no-solicitation policy covering all of our events. In order to provide a distraction-free environment for our attendees and any exhibitors, sponsors, and employees, we do not allow solicitation at our events by attendees or unauthorized parties without the express written permission of IA&B. This policy includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Unauthorized membership recruitment activities
- Unauthorized employment recruiting
- Unauthorized promotion of non-IA&B events
- Unauthorized exhibits
- Unauthorized on-site distribution of printed or electronic materials, including literature, signs, flyers, invitations, tickets, forms, etc. (except business cards)
Egregious and/or multiple violations of this policy may result in dismissal from the event, without refund, or disqualification from future events at the discretion of IA&B.
Any attendee of an IA&B event who feels that they are being solicited in any of the ways explained above should report such conduct immediately to an IA&B staff person, the event assistant, or the instructor.