Placement of Personal Lines insurance, including Personal Umbrella Policies
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as your name, address, and date of birth.
- Information about our customers’ transactions with us, such as claims and payment history.
- Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency, such as a driving record or insurance score report.
- We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about our customers and former customers to those employees who need to know that information in order to assist in providing services or products to the customer.
- We will punish any employees who impermissibly share customer information.
- We use a secure Internet and e-mail provider to protect the confidentiality of electronic communications.
Information-gathering through the website
How Information is collected on the website
- Information you provide: IA&B only collects personally identifiable information from you if you choose to provide this information to us through the website, such as when registering for a course, submitting an inquiry or ordering a product.
- Information that is automatically collected: IA&B’s website is not set up to automatically collect personally identifiable information from each visitor to the website. It does automatically collect information that does not identify users personally. Via Web server logs, for example, we may monitor statistics such as the number of website visitors, which page(s) are visited, from which domain our visitors come (e.g., aol.com, yahoo.com, etc.), and which browsers people use to visit our website (e.g., Google Chrome, Safari, Microsoft Internet Explorer, etc.).
Information captured through cookies: A “cookie” is a small file that is placed on your hard drive by a Web page server. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can be read only by a Web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. Each time you initiate a session on our website, the site sets the cookie in order to identify you and determine your access privileges. Cookies do not store any of the personal information that you have provided to the site. They are simply identifiers. Cookies on our website are removed from your hard drive when you end the current session, unless you specifically click the “Remember My Login” box when logging in with a username and password. Clicking on this box will store the cookie on your hard drive so that you will not have to log in each time you visit our website.
You can delete cookie files from your hard drive at any time. However, you should know that cookies may be necessary to provide you with access to much of the content and features of IA&B’s website. We use cookie technology to enable registered users to move quickly and securely through access-controlled areas of the website and to take advantage of certain useful features on the website.